The Beirut Quantified Self Meetup is inspired by the Quantified Self Europe Conference and the Quantified Self blog.
Beirut Quantified Self is a local initiative to spread the self-tracking knowledge in the region. Being in a part of the world where self knowledge is not at its most, Beirut QS is trying to build a small community of self trackers, aiming to make it grow into a regional mindset.
The meetup is a regular show and tell involving people who are looking to gain knowledge about themselves- or trying to learn how and why. QS is a love for numbers, numbers that are self-revealing. It is all about tracking data about our own body and analyzing for a better understanding of how we function.
Anything is game — from personal genetics to ways to digitize and track information, from how to self-diagnose to how to self-experiment with data and statistics. More specific topics include:
* Using data and statistics to further self-experimentation
* Behavior monitoring, tracking, and modification (including studying habit forming and breaking)
* Life logging, lifecaching, and lifestreaming
* Location tracking
* Generating, capturing, and working with biometric data
* Psychological self-assessments
* Medical self-diagnostics and keeping track of one’s own medical data
* Personal genetics and genome sequencing
Come share what you are doing, and learn from others.
Good sources of Information and Inspiration are:
The Bay Area QS Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/quantifiedself/)
The NYC QS Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/NYQuantifiedSelf/)
and the QS Blog (http://www.quantifiedself.org)